Kaupapa Māori Housing and Recovery Services – Mental Health
Our housing and recovery services are based throughout the beautiful Tauranga Moana. Our experienced kaimahi (support workers) provide support for our whaiora based on their individual goals. Access to clinical staff is also available as required to meet those needs.
Te Tomika Trust will ensure comfortable accommodation that is well-maintained to a high standard and meets relevant national and local building standards/requirements.
- To provide community based housing and recovery focused support services for people who experience mental health disorders.
- Our service is for whaiora who are assessed as those who would respond positively to a Kaupapa Māori housing and recovery service environment.
Accessing Our Service
Referral to our service is from a Needs Assessment Service Co-ordination (NASC) or mental health inpatient services.
Activities we are involved in or incorporate into our daily schedule include:
- Community outings to local marae and historical sites
- Ten-pin bowling
- Te Reo Māori/Waiata Māori
- Waka ama,
- Hīkoi – Walking
- Kaukau – Swimming
- Mini putt
- Mahi Toi – Arts & Crafts
- Preparation of hāngī
- Hot pools/water therapy
- Hākinakina rā – Sports Days
- Whakapakari tinana – Exercise/Fitness Programs
- Kai Hauora- Healthy Eating/Nutritional Education
- Whare Pukapuka haerenga – Library visits
- Visits to local attractions
- Kohikohi kaimoana – Gathering seafood.